Wednesday 23 January 2013

FED UP with everything being the same?

I as a consumer like to assert my individuality. This is one of the main reasons I opened AVOIR.  I Mcould not stand going down to the shopping centers only to find that Myer, David Jones had exactly the same clothing and shoe lines as K mart. The Australian retail landscape has lost its individuality.

I have always favoured classic Jeans that I often found at the local second hand stores and a great T shirt sold by one of the boutique retailers. Not very original I here you say...but I like to spice an outfit with unusual leather goods a vintage watch or vintage belts!!

My favorite vintage finds have come from the most unexpected places. I have an awesome D&G watch that I found in a small second hand store in Kita Urawa in Japan! I have always loved the unexpected find! It's exciting and you never see the same item again. I have learned to follow my instinct and purchase those items because missing out on the item means you missed the oppertunity.

Another of my favorite items is a belt I purchased from a small independant retailer in Cairns called Victor Mellick. It's made of strips of red, tan, and blue leather and has a brass buckle. It looks great with my white jeans.

I also love vintage leather bags. Adding these unique items to your outfit adds interest to the outfit and is the best way I know to inject your personality into what would otherwise be a very bland mass produced outfit.

Designer vintage is such a unique area that allows you to really stand out! AVOIR takes the hard work out of shopping for vintage designer all items are inspected for Authenticity and are guarenteed Authentic.  




Each season I check out what the major fashion houses will be offering and then I go and find the vintage piece that inspired the current collection. It is for this reason AVOIR has earned a reputation for being on point and having items that are right on trend. We edit out all the irrelevant items and have made a point of having the "it" item for the season. In addition to our seasonal purchases. We top up the range with smaller drops of new items coming in almost every week.

  My ranges are inspired by what is big in Europe. This means that the items I purchase arrive before those items arrive in the department stores. I encorage my customers to browse often..they begin to see the change in the store on a weekly basis.

There are items that form the basis of my classic ranges these include the stock standard CHANEL 2.55 diamond quilt bags...but because of their popularity they are often not available. But as a rule I look for the one of items that were produced in very limited numbers. The AVOIR range is unique ever changing and the quality is second to none.



No comments:

Post a Comment