Tuesday 17 January 2012

Jewellery Designer- Edouard Rambaud!!

The CHANEL case has been looking a bit sparse so I decided to put a small display of Edouard Rambaud in the case. Edouard Rambaud- was a fabulous 1980's designer he created big runway earrings, Charm belts and fabulous jewelled bags! I have been busy putting together a very unique collection of his very special pieces together for the last few months!!

Edouard Rambaud was famous for his use of hearts, suns, stars, and crosses in his designs. He made big bold statement pieces using lots of rolled gold and platinum!! Rambaud was a designer who shaped his era.

Rambaud- was a contempory of Christian Lacroix and they both created very unique and unusual designs that stood out among the Fluro colors of the 1980's. Women wearing Jackets with shoulder pads and dancing around in dirty dancing style leggings all aspired to wearing a piece of jewellery or a little jewelled bag created by Rambaud.





I have collected earrings, jewelled bags, even little demi tasse coffee cups. Here are a few pictures for you all to enjoy!! 

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the information provided about this designer. I have three handbags made by him and I can't find any more than what you have provided. I'm confused about his identification; some have just a brass plaque, some are stamped and some have a tag made in Italy. Here are two links to my handbags, can you tell me what you think of them or any information about them or more about the gentleman who designed them. Thank you, Sallie

    file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/My%20Documents/Downloads/photo%20(25).JPG

    https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=07dd4c4a3f&view=att&th=141985a1727e463e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_WcclC-n9Xl-rJahhV5wtY&sadet=1381242206396&sads=In9XjBYAyEh6g5g9OzWRo7JHYjg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a cuff bracelet with eduoards name stamped on it but I can not find any reference of the exact piece I would like to find out if it's real and how much it could be worth I am having no luck would appreciate any direction you could give me. Thank you for any assistance.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just picked up a huge gold and dark bronze type of belt each piece is signed by this artist and I cannot find anything like it online.
    Can you help me valuate it possibly. I got at a local thrift shop for 9 bucks but know its wort a few hundred at least.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked up a huge gold and dark bronze type of belt each piece is signed by this artist and I cannot find anything like it online.
    Can you help me valuate it possibly. I got at a local thrift shop for 9 bucks but know its wort a few hundred at least.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi do you know if Edouard Rambaud made unsigned costume jewellery?

    ReplyDelete