Wednesday 14 December 2011

Romance in Paris!!

This spring and summer has a very eventful one for me. I met this amazing stylist called Lucy- If you ever met her you would say "quirky"!! She has the most amazing ability to pull a photo shoot togther. Hair make up the model and even the set she pics the most amazing back drops for the whole shoot.
Lucy works for the Gold Coast Buletin's Paradise Magazine!! I really appreciate the oppertunity to work with such a talented person!!

Recently, I have been a bit flat so I have been cheering myself up with what I call French Romance and before you ask "No - I dont have a new beau!!" I have been filling the shop with gorgeous Paris staples such as Louis Vuitton Trunks and Elegant Chanel and to add a touch of playfulness Jamin Puesh bags!!

Lucy captured the essence of my mood when she set this photo shoot at the Ferry Road Markets.
I hadn't realised what a great place that was until I saw the photos taken that day!! I mean we all know the Latte's and The' are great there, but how often do we let ourselves really feel the atmosphere of the place. We are often so busy with the pressures of modern life that we forget to smell the flowers.

The day of the photo shoot was a scorcher!! But the first place we went was around the back of the markets where a stand of Bamboo grows. It's Verdant colors went a long way to cooling us down,  the breeze russling throught the bamboo was also cooling. It reminded me of Viet Nam. The next place Lucy chose was a slate wall which formed a perfect backdrop for the colorful swimwear.

Next we went in out of the sun to Gallery One- have you ever been there? They have the most amazing exhibitions that day they had Bromley works on display and I loved the way they made the place feel!! Fun, playful and soothing are the words that spring to mind.





The shoot was hard work the but it was so much fun and so exciting!! It really made me feel like I was alive. Everyone just pulled together on this and I was really impressed by Lucy's ability to communicate her whole concept and everyone knew just what was needed. Not all of the photo's have been published yet but I will add more later!! These are the one's that were published in Paradise Magazine over the past two weeks!!

Here is a peek at what else I have in store at the moment this old LOUIS VUITTON Trunk was made in 1918. I bought it from the original owner's daughter, Florence who is in her 90's. She told me the trunk was ordered for her mother to take on her honey-moon. She sat in her kitchen and served me tea while we discussed where the trumk had been. It's first trip it went to New York on a steam ship. It has been right accross Europe, to Egypt and Northern Africa. Florence's discription of her mother gave me a sense of the history and how loved this trunk is. It has been used as a toy box by Florence's children and most recently it sat in a shed with pots and gardening tools in it.

I have cleaned off all the grime, polished the timber and glued some of monogram canvas back in place. It is not a new shiny piece but it is absolutly stunning I love it. Let me know what you think!!      

No comments:

Post a Comment